Monday, June 29, 2015

It's coming along!

1) We put up all the artwork on the walls!  Now it just looks like a normally messy house, not one that's moving in.

2) We're having some major issues with our water.  We've been calling our landlord, the city, next up is a private inspector.  Behold our bathtub:



3) My dad bought the kids shorts and swim trunks.  Wow it's hot out.  They LOVE the water.  Ari's adventurous and wants to start swim lessons yesterday (we've already called to sign them up), and Xander likes blowing bubbles with his head underwater.  And in the pool yesterday, Connor said his first sentence, addressed to me as his toy floated away: "More ball."

4) The boys are well settled into camp.  The two oldest fit right in from the first day.  The littlest... well, it's lots of change: he's sharing a room with his brothers instead of with me, I night weaned him, and he started daycare.  He's doing his best, and is just extra cuddly at home.

5) My office is shaping up!  We had to order two new bookshelves.  Apparently I have a rather large library. :)

12 comments:

  1. Glad you are settling in. It seems like your move has been more than a little challenging, but I like to think that our struggles make the good times all the sweeter. Darryl and I miss you. I went by the CBI office last week and seeing your former office without you in residence made me miss you even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy. You're absolutely right... overall, it's wonderful here and a really good move for us. But I miss you too!!

      Delete
  2. Glad you are settling in. It seems like your move has been more than a little challenging, but I like to think that our struggles make the good times all the sweeter. Darryl and I miss you. I went by the CBI office last week and seeing your former office without you in residence made me miss you even more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for being in Florida despite the bumps of moving and transitions. Btw, what happened to the tan/orange background? I thought you chose it for Florida :) Also, is there a way to publish comments with just a name like on your old blog? It's not giving me that option now. Hope you're enjoying your new home!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that color was the default, I just hadn't changed it. Did you like it better? I'm up for suggestions. And hmm... I'll check out the comments options right now.

      Delete
    2. I love the new color for a new and wonderful start!

      Delete
  4. I liked having a new fresh and bright color for the new blog but obviously it's up to you! Thanks for changing the comments options. We're back from NY and hope to catch up when you can catch your breath! Love to the family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kol haKavod to all of you for seemingly making the transition from Californians to Floridians in record time.

    The swimming pool is a stunning added attraction. It won't be yesterday, Ari, but it won't be long before three kidlets are gonna be swimkids!

    Hope you get the water problem (whatever it is) fixed soon. That's a basic neccesity in any State.

    I believe in LIBRARIES. May yours continue to grow with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bathtub has me stumped. It's triangular, right? Is it step-down from floor level -- or step-up and in? How big is it? Can you lie down and stretch out in it? How do the boys like it? Can each of the three find a corner for himself? Does it have the sprays (I forgot what you call them)? Is there room in it for you and Jonathan together?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michal and gang. I've traveling and have finally landed back home. Now that I'm caught up on my life, I can catch up on yours! I'm glad you all made it there safely and are starting the settling in process.

    In terms of colors - thumbs up on the light/bright blog theme - thumbs down on the green water.

    Of course you have a large library! I'm proud to have played a small part in it.

    ReplyDelete