Monday, August 3, 2015

Various and sundry updates

Life for each of us....

Connor can now say "book," "ball," "truck" (no "r), and a few others.  He is also smart enough to communicate in other effective ways, such as pointing and motioning.  He's excellent at making his feelings known... such as, when someone is reading his brothers a book and he wants attention, he takes off his diaper and purposely poops on the carpet.  (Yeah, that was a fun day.)

Ari has an adorable boy-crush on his swim teacher.  This morning the first thing he asked was, "Is Mr. Matt coming today?!"  Then he paused, smiled, and said almost dreamily, "Mr. Matt is SO beautiful.  And so nice!"  Yes, he is, Ari, I like him too. :)

Xander excels at making up games for himself.  He uses household objects and creates little projects, like tying a light-up wand to one of my old Sigma Tau Delta cords (now a play toy) and attaching it to a paper towel roll to make... something.  He's amusing himself, and that's what counts!

Jonathan and I went on a date day and saw Inside Out.  I thought it was fabulous, maybe Pixar's best movie yet.  I won't tell too much about it but let me say for the record - after you watch it, call me so we can discuss it!  I'm so glad we went without the kids.  It's a movie that will stay with me for a long long time, figuring out who I am and how I work, how I help myself and my children deal with moving, and how my actions can be reflected in their eyes.

I really really like the weather here.  It's been warm but not hot, humid but not too humid, when it rains it's warm rain, I love seeing the geckos everywhere, and the ground is constantly lush.  I'm kind of amazed, I thought I would hate it.

Coral Springs as a whole has been an unbelievably lovely surprise.  I'm still discovering what it means to be in a "Jewish area."  Our neighbors across the street are Jewish.  The guy who worked the customer service desk at the movie theater is Jewish.  SCHOOLS CLOSE on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur because so many children are absent!  It's a whole new world.  Also, everyone is from New York.  I've heard this area referred to many times as "the sixth borough" or "New York lite."

And I'll close with our new favorite dinner meal.  Jonathan bought a box of fusilli because it was on sale:

The boys thought it was awesome and dubbed it "loop'dy-loop pasta." Then our neighbor showed me the proper way to cut up a mango, and voila, since we live in the tropics, we now buy them in bulk. It's the fruit du jour, and "loop'dy loop pasta with red sauce, and then mango" has been the dinner of choice for three days in a row.

I hope you all are doing well, and have a wonderful Monday!

2 comments:

  1. 1. Well, you've got your hands full with Connor, that's for sure!

    2. Oh, Ari. I adored reading of his boy crush. I think Ari notices more than any of us realize. He takes it all in. And when he feels safe enough to express himself, oh, it's just wonderful.

    3. Our creative Xander. Thank god you went to college in order to provide him with cords to play with! One of his inventions will change the world someday.

    4. I have heard such good things about Inside Out that I think I'm going to see it tonight with Amanda. Can't wait to discuss it with you!

    5. The master pasta maker strikes again and with loop'dy-loop pasta no less! And 3 days in a row!!!!??? Wow! And I know how the boys love mango. Now you get it from the source! You hit gold. Yippie!!!!!

    6. Warmed my heart to hear how much you're enjoying the weather, the community, and even the geckos of Coral Springs! Icing on the cake!!!!!

    My Monday was wonderful and now the week is almost over. I love you all and miss you just as much.

    Mom/Bubby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to comment on this marvelous post, but Janet said it all, and she said it much better than I could have anyway!

    ReplyDelete