Monday, October 26, 2015

Sports thoughts

The older boys and I changed into swimsuits yesterday to get into the pool, but OY.  Was it cold.  So we changed our minds and played in the backyard instead.

At one point I started singing random songs for everyone to sing along.  And during "Take me out to the ballgame," Xander kept interrupting to ask questions.  

His questions reflected both a keen intellect, being born in 2008, and an utter lack of knowledge of sports.

"Why did they root for the home team?  Why is it a shame?  Why is one team better than the other team?"

"What are cracker jacks?"

"What does it mean to have three strikes?"

After I explained the latter, he was silent, thinking, then said decisively, "That's just like kickball!"

2 comments:

  1. Some claim the definition of Americanism is Motherhood, Apple Pie, and Baseball. Xander hasn't yet experienced baseball---a hole in his education.
    Once he gets out there to root for the home team, his cheers will drown out all questions. My problem is that I don't know what kickball is.

    ReplyDelete