Sunday, October 11, 2015

Hilariously ungrateful children

Yesterday I was out of the house by 8am.  Torah study, services, prepping for other things.  I got home at 1:30pm.

I immediately took the kids out in crazy heat to go bike riding.





Then we came home, had snack.  We went swimming.  We bathed afterwards with lots of splashing.

We arrived back in the kitchen at 6.

I kissed Jonathan hello.  He had taken a nap, then made dinner.

I was exhausted.

After dinner, Ari wanted to give Daddy a special treat [a red Uno card, of all things] because he had "made the day so special."

Jonathan was confused.

"But Mommy took you bike riding.  And cut up yummy fruit for you.  And you went swimming with her.  And played in the bath. Why do I get the card?"

Ari's brow furrowed, he was perplexed.  The answer was obvious in his mind.

"Because YOU made challah French toast for dinner!"

2 comments:

  1. aaaaauuuuugggghhhhhh!!!!!!

    But I bet they loved the french toast! I made challah french toast for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, I guess that goes triple for Boys. Tell me, Michal, where do you go to get your batteries charged up?

    ReplyDelete