Thursday, February 25, 2016

I'm making small steps.

I am a night person.

I may have mentioned this once or a hundred times.

I write the best sermons at midnight.

My circadian rhythms are that of a vampire.

Unfortunately, that is not the way our house, or the world, works.

The alarm rings at 6:30am and Jonathan gets up, wakes up Xander, and starts to make lunches.  They need to be out the door by 7:10 in order to be at school on time.

Between 6:45 and 7am the other boys wake up and wake me up.  Depending on how annoyed I am that the sun is up, we either watch cartoons on my phone in bed, or I go downstairs and make them breakfast, say goodbye to Xander, and start the day.

This morning I was up and getting dressed before 7 and Ari asked me very hopefully, his eyes lighting up in anticipation, "Mommy, are you a morning person now?!"

"No," I replied.  "But I stopped yelling at people in the morning.  Does that count?"

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. his emotional intelligence is really up there. he'll make a great politician or leader, he gets how people work.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete