Thursday, June 23, 2016

House update, week something-something

1) We have window shades in the boys' room and in our room.   Yay for no longer waking up at 530am when it gets light.

2) The pool is completely grounded and bonded.  I don't know what that means exactly, but suffice it to say, the people who did our screen brought all the electrical stuff with the pool up to code.

3) Jonathan took an old outdated alarm system out of the garage.  It's amazing how many cables came with it.  The wall looks so much cleaner now.

4) He also removed the escutcheons in the kitchen and painted them white, to match the ceiling (they used to be brown).  The best part of this is that he told me what he did and I'd never heard of the word "escutcheon" before.  Then I looked it up:

es·cutch·eon
iˈskəCHən/
noun
  1. 1.
    a shield or emblem bearing a coat of arms.
  2. 2.
    a flat piece of metal for protection and often ornamentation, around a keyhole, door handle, or light switch.

Of course Jonathan knew the word and I didn't.  He knows way more than I do about both military issues, and building construction.   

5) Kippah wall!!!


Plus light-switch plating in progress.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful news that the list is getting shorter and that a lot has gotten and is still getting done. And they kippah wall is beautiful and getting bigger!!!!! I smiled broadly when i saw the picture. Missing and loving you all so, SOOOOOO much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news that the work in progress is progressing full speed ahead toward the finish line! That Kippah Wall makes my heart sing as I picture each one of you grabbing his/her own...and Connor indicating which one he wants that particular time!!! I ADORE THIS FAMILY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love the kippah wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love the kippah wall!

    ReplyDelete