Sunday, September 25, 2016

Quite a lot, actually

The last ten days have been busy.

I have resigned from Temple Beth Orr as rabbi, and we are currently contemplating next steps.  That's all I'll say about that.

I got the chance to read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, and oy, it was terrible!  I was so disappointed.  I've read better fanfic.

I also got the chance to finish Dara Horn's Guide to the Perplexed.  I liked this book much better than Harry Potter, but I did have trouble relating to the characters. I think they were all a bit too flawed for me and not particularly likeable.  But the writing itself, the way Horn composes her words, is absolutely beautiful.

Antonio came to visit!  He is and will always be awesome.

Jonathan and I went to Harry Potter World at Universal Studios for a day.  Pictures to come.

And now Holly is visiting.

Hooray for friends!

3 comments:

  1. That's a big surprise. All I can say is, you must have had a very good reason.

    Glad you've got good friends around during big bumps in the road. I'll be glued to the blog to hear about your goings-on going forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I forgot to sign off:

      Loving you always, as always,
      your Savta

      Delete
  2. I'm grateful that you blogged and that you've been reading! I'm reading a couple books too...believe it or not. I'm reading The Secret. I had no idea it was based on Kabbalah. And I'm reading For Those Who Can't Believe, what appeared to be a sweet, little book by Rabbi Harold Schulweis. Well, it's not so simple! I need to read it with an open dictionary at my side. LOL But I'm really not kidding. The most I can read is 2-3 pages at a time and then I'm wiped out!

    ReplyDelete