Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Adult-ing for the win

I'd been at my mother's house with the kids for five days while Jonathan and Jason drove the cars cross-country.  There are lots of little fix-it projects in this house that need to be done.  I had the time: I figured, why wait for him, why not tackle them myself?

After unscrewing the broken tracks on the silverware drawer, and jury-rigging it to work in the meantime, I gave my mom the part that she needs to replace at Lowe's.  Turning off the flashlight and removing the tools from the area, I actually said out loud... wait for it...

"This would be so much easier with the electric drill!"

(And for those of you saying, "So?" remember that I grew up in a house where we hired someone to hang pictures on the wall. I've come a long way.)

3 comments:

  1. Good for you, Michal! It's empowering to wield a hammer and a screw driver.

    The only things I wouldn't tackle were electricity and the water part of plumbing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two big thumbs up for you! A woman with a power tool can conquer the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right you are, Judy! I join you in hailing Michal for taking the power that's hers!!!!

      Delete