Monday, November 21, 2016

Murphy's law

Murphy's law, as far as I understand, is something like, "everything that can go wrong, will go wrong."

This is kind of what happened when we moved.  With a lot of little things.

The most intense thing?  Was utterly, completely my own fault.  I was clearing out the fridge at 10pm the night before we left, I was moving fast and not thinking, I was emptying tupperware in the disposal, and stupidly added in some taco meat.

Yeah.

Don't do that.

Did you know that taco meat is greasy and sticks to pipes and causes all drains to back up?


Jonathan taking out the U-bends under the sink and trying to flush the pipes.


He did his best.  It didn't work.  The blockage was in the part of the pipe behind the wall.  Nothing like calling a plumber out with a drain snake at 11pm, have him come out at 8am on moving day, then having to ask him to move his vehicle because it was blocking the moving truck.

Thankfully, it got fixed.  

But oy, what a morning!

4 comments:

  1. Oy! What a wretched mess! But I'll tell ya, seems to me that taco meat, with no bones, should go easily down the garbage disposal with no problems. I'da done it. So thanks for the warning. If I ever get a garbage disposal, I won't put taco meat down it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding taco meat one time will not cause a sink to back up. However, an accumulation over time of stuff gping down that drain will indeed cause the last thing you put in it to make it back up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh. No, it was a full container of greasy taco meat. The plumber said that was the only problem. The pipes were relatively new. Meaning it was all me LOL!

      Delete