Thursday, September 24, 2015

Yom Kippur is OVER!

And I am admittedly relieved.  It was wonderful, but exhausting.

If anyone is interested, you can read all of my sermons here.

For another fun part: the Executive Director at my temple is a fashionista and gives great advice.  She took me shopping, and whenever I wear an outfit to services that she picked out, I send her a picture (she's Orthodox, so actually attends somewhere else and doesn't see me in person).

This is what the pics usually look like:

All dressed in white for Camp Shabbat




Below is Kol Nidre, the night of Yom Kippur.  I obviously hadn't done my hair yet, and I was wearing Crocs because you don't wear leather on Yom Kippur, and they matched the white robe I wore all night:
Can you tell that Connor really wanted the phone?!

5 comments:

  1. you are gorgeous and those crocs are perfect! i'll have to look for them for next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (blush) thank you! And oh those crocs were so comfy! I needed hard-core flats for carrying the Torah around. They were a bit more silver-y than white, but still highly recommended. http://www.crocs.com/p/womens-kadee-work-flat/200941.html?cgid=work-women&cid=001#start=12

      Delete
  2. Wow Michal! You are radiant! A vision of loveliness in black and in white!!!
    I am blown away!!!

    ReplyDelete