Wednesday, July 1, 2015

My first day

What a beautiful welcome. 

It was really my second day, technically... yesterday I made a hospital visit to an ECC (Early Childhood Center) mom on her deathbed, and she died last night.  The funeral is on Sunday.  I feel so badly for the family.  People kept apologizing that this was my first official act as their rabbi, to be involved in these arrangements, and I kept saying no, don't apologize - obviously it's a horrible situation, but I was privileged to be in that room, as I am to be able to honor her memory in the days following.

In other news, the two bookshelves and my monitor are supposed to arrive tomorrow.  And the kids had their first swim lesson today.  So all is well.  I'm very blessed.

Nothing like the tragic end of a life to make you appreciate the beauty of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment