Monday, December 7, 2015

Book rec for Nicole L.

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

I was looking for something that was an escape, something far far away from Judaism and real life.  And I found it!  Outlander is about a woman from 1945 who steps through a mini-Stonehenge in Scotland and finds herself in the 18th century, right before the Jacobite uprising. Of course, she falls in love with a kilted Scot and various adventures ensue, all of them based in reality making Scottish history come alive.  Parts of it were much more dramatic than I was expecting, parts were humorous, and parts were like a romance novel.  It was fun, and I would recommend it for sure.  My mom got me the 2nd and 3rd books (out of a series of 8!) for Hanukkah, and I've already started the second.  There's a TV show about it that's gotten quite popular, and now I know why!

2 comments:

  1. You're the best! Thanks dear. I've requested it from our library :)

    ReplyDelete