Thursday, January 28, 2016

Completion of the snowglobe story

I mentioned the saga of the snowglobe earlier.

This was the original:

Oh so broken.


Well, the hotel was true to their word and promptly sent it out (and didn't even charge me!).  

When I received it, I wrote them this letter:

Hi [Customer service person name],

I just wanted to say thank you once again for FedExing that snowglobe.  It was probably a very minor matter in your workday, but please know that your kindness and generosity made a huge difference to my family.  

I'm attaching a picture of my kiddos - you can see the 7 year old looking so joyful as he shakes it, and his brothers (especially the youngest who broke the first one) coveting it all over again. 

In gratitude,
Michal, guilty mom




She just wrote back the nicest letter saying that to see my child happy is the highlight of her day, that it was a pleasure writing to me, and that she hopes we come to Chicago so she can meet us in person.

People like her restore my faith in the goodness of humanity, whenever I doubt it!

4 comments:

  1. It was almost worth the anguish to discover the goodness and warmth of strangers who go out of their way to bring happiness to aching hearts. Xander, you have learned in real time that even a "tragedy" can sometimes be righted. This is a beautiful Happy Ending story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this whole saga just makes me cry with joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the photo really defines those kiddos. Delicious and very different....every one of them!

    ReplyDelete