Friday, January 1, 2016

Quiet time

I write this, the afternoon of January 1st.  It's completely quiet, or almost - Ari is babbling in the background, playing with his Iron Man and Hulk LEGO sets (a gift from my brother), making up elaborate scenarios for them.  Jonathan is napping with Connor, and Xander is playing Pokeman upstairs with a neighbor.

I love these moments of peace.  When all feels right with the world, when there's nothing but this moment and feeling your breath and the breeze coming in through the window.  The laundry can wait to be folded and put away, the dishes will still be there in half an hour.  But relaxation is rare.

That's my New Year's resolution, I think.  I read an article on this in the NY Times, and it resonated: I want to give myself a paradigm shift on how I approach the moments of life.  When people ask how I am, it's usually a variation of "busy" or "crazy busy."  And it's all under my control.  I'm busy with things that are my own choices. So from now on, I'm going to work on saying, "I have a very full life," or some such, focusing on the positive, and not the negative.


------LOL interrupted by kids, there goes the serenity.

1 comment:

  1. May you find and create many quiet time moments in 2016. Love you dearly. Mom

    ReplyDelete