Tuesday, December 27, 2016

A's amazing kindergarten teacher

I love this teacher and this school.

She communicates to parents constantly through the Bloomz app.

On Monday the kids read a book about the gingerbread girl escaping her captors.  Tuesday they made gingerbread dough. Wednesday they put it into shapes.  Thursday, they decorated them.  And Friday, the cookies "escaped" and the kids had to follow clues to go all over school until they finally found them in the school office.

On Thursday, the teacher, Mrs. Williams, messaged me this photo:

"Ari wanted to make a Jewish gingerbread boy. Note the Star of David on the tummy.😊"



When I thanked her for supporting him, for having them make art menorahs as well as decorated Christmas trees, she responded:

"All children need to know that their faith and traditions are valued at school.  You're very welcome.  I wish you and all your family a very happy Hanukkah!"

The next day I picked Ari up from school and he was ecstatic.

It didn't last even 10 minutes once we got home. But he shared with everyone. :)

6 comments:

  1. Ari's teacher could certainly teach my elementary school principal a few things! Savta spent an hour explaining Hanukkah to her when I young and replied with, " thank you Mrs. Liss for explaining to me all about the Jewish Christmas." Savta was dumbfounded. So what did the school district do? They promoted her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I envision that Ari will love rushing off to school and meeting all the challenges to exercise his potential for creativity as long as he has teachers such as this one in kindergarten. What is her name?
    She deserves that much recognition.

    Kol haKavod to Ari -- and to public school education.
    Max Ma on

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so pleased to learn that Ari has such a supportive teacher. Our elementary school teachers have a lifelong impact on our lives. Congrats to her for making Ari feel valued and important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree, everyone. We're really pleased with the kids' education. I tell the teachers all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete