Monday, December 26, 2016

The good and the bad

The good: we went on a playdate with Ari's new friend Nora and her sister.

The bad:  our car wouldn't start when we tried to leave their house.

The good:  I got to know people at both AAA and the Nissan dealership, not to mention the family of the playdate.

The bad: I know them all so well because I was on the phone with them for three hours after the playdate ended, at the other family's house, going in occasionally for tea because it was freezing.

The good: I got to ride in a tow truck.

The bad: It was the third tow truck that showed up to the house.  I needed a car lift and dolly, and no matter what I said to the dispatcher, the first two tow trucks didn't show up with one.

The good: The tow truck driver, Paul, was lovely.  He's half-Hungarian, half-American, and his wife is from Japan.  We talked for over an hour waiting for all the various stuff to show up. He even gave me a ride home.




More good: The repair was free.  Thank god for warranties.

Even better good: I got home right in time for bedtime, and missed all the drama that went on in my absence over dinner and bathtime.  I got the snuggles and bedtime stories only without the crying and time-outs.

Abject lesson: there's always good, in everything!  And our car runs smoother than before.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta hand it to ya. Ya turned this into a classical rabbinical treatise. And, believe me, the lessons you taught have been learned.

    I promise I shall no longer stamp my foot and spit into the wind when everything seems to go wrong, but stop and seek the sliver of light that holds out hope for smiles.

    ReplyDelete