Friday, December 23, 2016

Smorgasbord.. kind of

We had lots of tortillas.

We wanted to use them up before they got moldy.

Everyone was tired of quesadillas.

I looked up online, "tortilla meal ideas," and it was amazing. Chicken salad with feta, beef and pineapple tostadas, huevos rancheros in a cup, salami and roasted red pepper wraps, asparagus cigars, all kinds of good things I would love... that my children would never eat.

I tried again.

"Tortilla meal ideas toddlers"

That proved much more helpful.  We had a buffet of wraps.


I split each tortilla into three, so the kids could pick and choose:

Cream cheese and turkey
Apple and cheddar cheese (melted)
Turkey and cheddar cheese (melted)
Apple, peanut butter, and honey
Peanut butter and blueberries

Apple, peanut butter and honey was by far the most popular (I think because of the honey).  They even wanted it in their lunches the next day!

1 comment:

  1. Of course, it's natural that you would turn to the internet for ideas about how to use those tortillas. Those were intriguing results...delightful snacks. Except for the cream cheese which deserves a suitable partner such as crushed nuts, raisins, tomato slice or any number of choices, EXCEPT salami...ychhch......

    But there's a world of difference between snacks and meals. From previous posts, I believe that you and Jonathan and I have diametrically opposed philosophies concerning food and nutrition, and the importance of having meals a time of pleasant conversation and curious discovery of likes and dislikes of recipes. Kids will never starve themselves to death, even if they refuse to partake of a meal. No one could have forced us to even taste my father's calves' brains, or my mother-in-law's eggplant.

    When I say "pleasant conversation," I mean: what happened at school today, cats' antics ....anything as long as you don't mention Trump, Republithugs or such subjects.

    Why curdle digestion with tension?

    ReplyDelete