Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Creativity in our own special way

Xander came to me upset because in his music class at school, he's been singing about Santa and reindeer and snowmen and sleighs, but no Hanukkah songs.

He told me he was getting sick of "Jingle Bells," because they sing it every time.

I couldn't help myself.

I did a bad bad thing.

I taught him the "Batman smells, Robin laid an egg" version.

The child has never laughed so hard in his life. 

He actually guffawed.

He blinked a couple times before he allowed himself to laugh, like he couldn't believe that I, his usually-respectable parent, sang it to him.

When we got home, he taught it to Ari.  

Later that day we had to pile all of them in the car to go on an errand, and for 20 minutes, they made up their own bad parodies of Jingle Bells.

Consider this doing my best to pass on knowledge l'dor v'dor, from generation to generation. The tradition continues!

1 comment: